- Thursday, September 20 at the Broadway Theatre
- Free Admission – Reserve your seat (Picatic has it listed as Parking Day, but the tickets are for these speakers)
- Doors open at 6:30 pm. Speakers start at 7:00 pm
- Following the speakers: Gerry Klein, Civic Affairs Columnist at The StarPhoenix, will engage the speakers and audience in discussion
- Opening Reception with music by the Saskatoon Brass Trio
- The evening will also include: a book-signing by Ken Greenberg during the wine and cheese reception; local poet Charles Hamilton’s "Saskatoon: A Love Letter"; music by Fountains of Youth; and, previews of Park(ing) Day activities that will occur on Friday, September 21.
The Nutana Community Association and the Broadway Theatre are pleased to welcome Ken Greenberg, internationally acclaimed architect, urban designer, and bestselling author. Mr. Greenberg will present a talk entitled City Building: The Emergence of a New North American Dream. His presentation will engage the audience in his approach to city building, offering a new toolkit for optimizing the city from areas as small as a city block to as large as a city region. Combining thirty years of his own experience rejuvenating downtowns, waterfronts, neighbourhoods and university campuses with lessons from others like his friend and mentor Jane Jacobs, Mr. Greenberg's message is hopeful and practical and will leave the audience anticipating their own walk home through exceptional urbanism.
Joining Greenberg will be Alan Wallace, Saskatoon’s Manager of Planning and Development, talking about one of our city’s grandest city-building initiatives in at least 50 years, the Integrated Growth Plan. The IGP seeks to address issues of sustainable development, transportation, and quality of life for citizens of Saskatoon.
Following the speakers: Gerry Klein, Civic Affairs Columnist at The StarPhoenix, will engage the speakers and audience in discussion
For additional information, please visit the link on the right-hand side of the page:
Link to NCA poster for the event
View comments (0) • Add a comment